Is it worth becoming an Australian citizen?
In our view, becoming an Australian citizen is one of the greatest privileges of our lifetime and it’s definitely one of the greatest gifts one can pass on to younger generations. Becoming Australian allows us to pass onto future generations the rights, freedom and benefits that continue to make Australia rank amongst the most liveable nations in the world.
Australian citizens continue to benefit from Australia’s:
Strong and robust economy
High quality public education sector
Public healthcare system that is used globally as a benchmark
Strong welfare support network including the National Disability Insurance Scheme
Beautiful landscape and clean air
Do I have to cancel my other citizenship to become an Australian citizen?
A question we are often asked is if I have to forfeit or cancel my other passport or nationality to become Australian. The good news is Australia allows dual citizens, which means in most cases you can have both passports and maintain the benefits of being a dual global citizen. There are however some countries that do not permit dual citizenship. We will assist and advise you on those matters at our initial consultation.
How do I become an Australian Citizen?
- I arrived as an international student three years ago and met the love of my life at University who is Australian. We have been together for three years now. Can I qualify for Australian Citizenship? This is always so lovely to hear and we are always here to help. Please contact our office for a range of other visa option that allow you pathways to Australian Permanent Resident and Australian Citizenship.
- I was born overseas, and my only mother was an Australian Citizen. Can I claim Australian Citizenship if only one parent was an Australian Citizen? Yes of course you can, Connect Australia Pty Ltd will assist and support you throughout the entire Australian Citizenship process as you may be eligible for citizenship by descent.
- What if I am born overseas and I have been living in Australia as a permanent resident PR, am I eligible for Australian Citizenship and are there really any benefits to being a citizen vs a permanent resident? We believe there are benefits in becoming an Australian citizen including some great professional benefits.
- Some Australian government federal sectors only hire Australian citizens.
- Australian citizens are able to vote.
- Australian citizens are heard at all levels of our government including council, state and federal levels and allowed a voice in referendums to exercise democracy.
- As an Australian citizen you are able to apply and seek selection to be a member of parliament.
- As an Australian citizen you are eligible to apply for all the privileges of an Australian passport including our consular help whilst overseas.
Connect Australia Pty Ltd will assist and support you throughout the entire Australian Citizenship process if you are eligible for citizenship by conferral. If you have been living in Australia for longer than four years with a permanent visa, including permanent protection and or humanitarian visa, permanent skilled, and or permanent family stream you may be eligible for Australian Citizenship by conferral.